Data Compliance in San Antonio, TX
Carl Covert offers guidance for businesses as far as security and data compliance in San Antonio, TX, is concerned. Data privacy and information security is a key concern for clients that operate in today’s business environment. Information technology is susceptible to unlawful intrusion by third parties. Appropriate safeguards of customer and employee data as well as of a business’ trade secrets and operations are of vital importance, yet navigating the legal terrain is challenging since the data privacy laws vary depending on the industry and the location of the data. Contact Carl, an experienced lawyer, for second-to-none legal expertise today.
We can assist you with the following:
- The development and formulation of website security and privacy statements and disclosures
- Advertising and marketing issues, including those raised by targeted behavioral advertising
- Issues concerning identity theft, including medical identity theft
- Record retention policies and practices
- Formulating Identity Theft Programs and procedures
- Employment information confidentiality
- Education information privacy
- Reviewing and drafting third party service provider confidentiality agreements
- Planning for and responding to data security breaches throughout the country
- HIPAA compliant business associate agreements and data use agreements
- HIPAA privacy and security policies and procedures
For clients who have multinational operations, whether as an online retailer, app provider, or due to the operation of physical facilities in other countries, our attorneys regularly provide assistance with international data privacy and security issues. We assist clients with their compliance obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Canadian Anti-Spam Law (CASL), and Mexico’s data protection laws, among others.